- CHEF OF “CHEFS OF THE YEAR”
IN DEVELOPMENT ESTIMATED LAUNCH SEPTEMBER
A management team will eventually administer and arbitrate the whole process.
Chef of Chefs is more than a competition, it is the ultimate acknowledgement of leading chefs in Australia at a point in time. Not on reputation but on evidence.
Its not a competition, but an objectively measured assessment that explores the totality of a chef’s ability, personality, people skills, and more.
Chef of Chefs are people who should have trainees/apprentices, deliver talks, are on advisory groups, manage multinational or large food-services, culinary teachers, or in any position emanating from a career of a chef where leadership and influence is a highly desirable attribute.
Chef of Chefs salutes leaders and trend setters.
This competition identifies the fundamental of a chef: *1. SAKE: Skills - Attitude -Knowledge -Experience.
There are six stages
Verification of ELIGIBILITY
- Step 1. Five simple questions validates the applicant eligibility to enter this challenge. This starts a process that identifies the confidence, courage, conviction, leadership and understanding that by participating one is already showing a professional. Subsequently, this process will "quantify" the level of skills, attitude, knowledge, and experience.
ESTABLISHING SAKE - SKILLS
- Step 2. SKILLS assessment categorises the level of a chef’s skills through answers to questions based on "HOW" a technique, product, correction, preparation, or service is achieved. Many questions have multiple answers that are partially correct with each achieving a different degree of score.
ESTABLISHING SAKE - ATTITUDE
- Step 3. Attitude appraisal compares the candidates opinion to leading questions which do not have a right or wrong answer. Their answer is scored according to benchmarks from successful chefs. The nearer their answer to the benchmarked majority the higher the score.
ESTABLISHING SAKE - KNOWLEDGE D ESTABLISHING SAKE - EXPERIENCE
- Step 5. Broadly estimates the experience the chef would normally have, evaluated through questions that inquire about their career path by assessing extent, exposure, contact, perception, mental and physical events.
- Step 6. Culminating in a panel interview with proven judges and a sponsor representatives, whose task is to factually verify, select and endorse the CHEF of Chefs. The panel They will already have established the attributes of the artisan; however will dig deeper to finally establish the candidates culinary, fitness, their humanity, and people skills.
Excepting Step 1, Each step may see the elimination of an applicant, not because of incapability but for many other reasons including sheer numbers. There are hundreds of chefs of chefs in the industry who would qualify.
This selection process involves identifying those who go way beyond their call of duty.
Stage 6. SELECTION
- The final process involves an Interview with a panel of three of the best of the best culinary experts who are outstanding judges of character, culinary experts, and proven successful operators.
- The fourth member of the panel will include practising chef who may be a member of a chef’s association. Chefs associations are requested to take turns to elect a representative.
It potentially possible that there will not in the final step a clear front-runner, the judges may elect to award the accolade to multiple applicants who fit the selection criteria.
A selection round will be an annual event "Chef of Chefs" of the year.
The top three aggregate scores will be interviewed through conferencing media.
In the event of very close results, additional chefs may be admitted.
All candidates will be interviewed on the same day.
“Sake": or Skills - Attitude = Knowledge and Experience is a philosophical viewpoint of a professional chef characteristics. The term was first coined by George Hill in 2012 and later fully described in his book “AM I CHEF” in 2014.
The term embodies the four essential attributes that are mandatory to be a genuine professional.
- Interview Process