2014 Culinary Mastermind Competition for apprentice cooks and chefs.
Congratulations to 2014 Spotless Culinary Mastermind National Champion Adam Rocke from Victoria. 96%. Gold (OUTSTANDING)
|Category 1||Brandon Johns||Silver||Category 1 - First Place|
|Category 1||Zina Papiccio||Silver||Category 1 - Second Place|
|Category 1||Lisa Connor||Silver||Category 1 - Third Place|
|Category 2||Aledin Jecka||Gold||Category 2 - First Place|
|Category 2||Emma Jansen||Silver||Category 2 – Second Place and Winner of evaluation prize.
Special commendation - Excellent for an pastry apprentice.
|Category 2||Gregory Smith||Bronze||Category 1 - Third Place|
|Category 3||Adam Rocke||Gold||2014 Culinary Mastermind Champion National Champion/First Place|
|Category 3||Rebecca Singleton||Silver||Category 3 – Spotless Apprentice Second Place|
|Category 3||Daniel Dannock||Silver||Category 3 – Spotless Apprentice Third Place|
|Category 3||Emily Petrelli||Bronze||Special commendation
Excellent for a pastry apprentice
Who can enter:
This culinary knowledge competition is open only to trainee or apprentice cooks/chefs employed by Spotless in all properties in Australia.
Competition opens: 9.00 AM Monday 16th June 2014.
Competition closes: 10.00 PM Friday 18th July 2014. (Extended to 5.00 PM Sunday 20 July)
There are three competition categories:
Category 1 - Spotless Apprentice/trainee. Level one.
Category 2 - Spotless Apprentice/trainee . Level two.
Category 3 - Spotless Apprentice/trainee/ junior cook/chef. Level three.
Definitions of these categories:(For the purpose of this competition)
|Category 1 - Spotless Apprentice/trainee is defined as: any cook/chef employed by Spotless as an Apprentice/trainee in commercial cookery who has less than 1 year commercial cookery experience as of 1st June 2014. May or may not have commenced school. ( A first year apprentice would enter this category).|
|Category 2 - Spotless Apprentice/trainee is defined as: any cook/chef employed by Spotless as an Apprentice/trainee in commercial cookery who has more than I but less than 3 years commercial cookery experience as of 1st June 2014. Currently at school (any level) ( A second year apprentice would enter this category).|
|Category 3 - Spotless Apprentice/trainee/ junior cook/chef is defined as: any cook/chef employed by Spotless as an Apprentice/trainee in commercial cookery or recently completed studies as an apprentice / trainee. This category is for culinary staff who have more than 3 but less than 5 years commercial cookery experience as of 1st June 2014. May have completed school. (A third / fourth year apprentice would enter this category).|
If you are unsure which category you should enter, first discuss with your chef, or contact:
Peter Dixon - Executive Chef – Culinary Manager - Spotless.
M: 0448 088 550 or SPOTLESS 03 9269 7657
|Category 1. 100 multiple choice questions in 30 minutes selected from the following subjects:|
|Occupational Health and Safety - Mise-en-place – Basic Food Preparation – Methods of Cookery – Stock Soups and Sauces – Finger Foods Salads and Dressings Eggs and Farinaceous – Poultry and Game – Fish and Shellfish – Larder and Buffet – Hot and Cold Sweets – Culinary Terminology – Equipment and Tools – Vegetables and Fungi – Potato.|
|Category 2. 100 multiple choice questions in 30 minutes selected from the following subjects:|
|Occupational Health and Safety - Mise - en - place - Basic Food Preparations - Methods of Cookery - Stock Soups and Sauces - Finger Foods - Salads and Dressings Fruit - Herbs and Spices - Butchery and Meat Cookery¬ - Poultry and Game - Fish and Shellfish- Cuts - Larder Buffet - Hot and Cold Desserts and Sweet - Culinary Terminology - Equipment and Tools - Vegetables and Fungi - Potato.|
|Category 3. 100 multiple choice questions in 30 minutes selected from the following subjects:|
|Mise-en-place – Basic Food Preparations- Methods of Cookery- Stock Soups and Sauces- Finger Foods- Salads and Dressings- Butchery and Meat Cookery- Poultry and Game- Fish and Shellfish- Larder Buffet- Pastry, Cold Desserts and Sweets- Culinary Terminology- Nutrition- Vegetables and Fungi- Potato- Global Preparations.|
Awards for champions:
2014 Spotless Culinary Mastermind Champion - (Overall winner with the highest score across all categories).
Category 1 - Spotless Apprentice/trainee : - First (Highest score) - Second - Third.
Category 2 – Spotless Apprentice/trainee : - First (Highest score) - Second - Third.
Category 3 – Spotless Apprentice/trainee/ junior cook/chef :- First (Highest score) - Second - Third.
A certificate describing the level achieved will be available for all candidates who compete in the mastermind challenge.
- Gold level with a score above 90% correct (Superb )
- Silver level with a score above 70% correct (Excellent)
- Bronze level with a score above 50% (Very good)
- Participation certificate for all. (Great)
Overall champion is awarded a state capital assignment for one week to work in a well-known restaurant or hotel kitchen in their state capital.
Prizes also for all category first, second and third placing’s
- All questions are multiple choice.
- Questions allow for different levels of experience and some are more valuable than others.
- Excepting winners, individual results will not be published.
- A candidate will be set 100 questions to be completed in 30 minutes.
- You must enter the appropriate category or you will be disqualified.
- You may only enter one category.
- You will only be permitted to attempt a mastermind challenge once.
- Questions will be timed and randomized.
- We have built-in mechanisms that indicate online cheating.
- Anyone found to have cheated will be disqualified.
- In the event of a drawn score there will be a playoff.
How to enter:
1. First register online http://auschef.com/login/index.php (You may register at anytime and only need to do so once).
2. You must register your details accurately and only attempt the correct category to ensure you are not disqualified.
3. When you are completely ready and will not be disturbed for 30 minutes, logon and select the appropriate category below.
4. Read the rules carefully and proceed to "Attempt quiz now".
5. Add the password to open the the category test. (Your head/ executive chef will tell you the password)
6. We strongly advise you to first practice a sample test ( HERE )numerous times to prepare for yourself for the competition.
7. Note If you registered in 2013 for the Spotless Mastermind Competition use your same username and your password to logon. If you previously registered in 2013 and forgotten ask the system or email George for help.
- Once you have clicked the “Attempt quiz now”, you will be requested to input the quiz password.
- Input the password and wait 20 seconds for the test to load.
- The timer will appear on your screen and will immediately start to countdown.
- The system will record your answers given in a strict time limit.
- Even if you do not complete all questions, submit your completed answers.
- If you run out of time and your clock records zero, you must submit your answers within 30 seconds at the end of the time limit.
- At the end of the quiz questions; to complete your quiz you must SUBMIT ALL AND FINISH BUTTON (At the bottom RIGHT of the quiz).
Once you have your result - Download out your personalised certificate.
For online help: E-mail George or Telephone: 03 9735 0880
AFTER YOU LOGIN YOU WILL SEE THE QUIZ _ Select the appropriate assessment below: