Culinary Mastermind Competition for apprentice cooks and chefs.
Spotless 2013 National Apprentice Mastermind
|APPRENTICE CATEGORY 1 (First Year Apprentice)|
|First place:||Micah Mitchell||Gold||Spotless 2013 First Year Apprentice Mastermind|
|Second Place:||Aledin Jecka||Silver||Spotless 2013 First Year Apprentice Special Commendation|
|Third Place:||Savannah Haigh||Silver|
|APPRENTICE CATEGORY 2 (Second Year Apprentice)|
|First place: and National Winner||Bradley Johnson||Gold 93%||Spotless 2013 National Apprentice Mastermind (Winner) AND
Spotless 2013 Second Year Apprentice Mastermind
|Second Place:||Zachary Buttel||Gold|
|Third Place:||Adam Rocke||Silver|
|APPRENTICE CATEGORY LEVEL 3 Third and Fourth Year Apprentice and Junior Chef (just completed apprenticeship)|
|First place:||Rosemary Utteridge||Gold||Spotless 2013 Junior Chef Mastermind ( Just completed Training)|
|Second Place:||Chris Tart||Silver||Spotless 2013 Third year Apprentice Mastermind|
|Third Place:||Trent Crozier||Silver||Spotless 2013 Third Year Apprentice Special Commendation|
Who can enter:
This culinary knowledge competition is open only to cooks, chefs, trainees or apprentice employed by Spotless in all properties in Australia
Competition opens: 9.00 AM Tuesday 18th June 2013.
Competition closes: 10.00 PM Sunday 21st July 2013.
There are three competition categories:
Category 1 - Spotless Apprentice/trainee
Category 2 - Spotless Apprentice/trainee
Category 3 - Spotless Apprentice/trainee/ junior cook/chef
Definitions of these categories:(For the purpose of this competition)
|Category 1 - Spotless Apprentice/trainee is defined as: any cook/chef employed by Spotless as an Apprentice/trainee in commercial cookery who has less than 1 year commercial cookery experience as of 1st July 2013. May or may not have commenced school. (The category at which a first year apprentice would enter)|
|Category 2 - Spotless Apprentice/trainee is defined as: any cook/chef employed by Spotless as an Apprentice/trainee in commercial cookery who has more than I but less than 3 years commercial cookery experience as of 1st July 2013. Currently at school (any level) (The category at which a second year apprentice would enter)|
|Category 3 - Spotless Apprentice/trainee/ junior cook/chef is defined as: any cook/chef employed by Spotless as an Apprentice/trainee in commercial cookery or recently completed studies as an apprentice / trainee. This category is for culinary staff who have more than 3 but less than 5 years commercial cookery experience as of 1st July 2013. May have completed school. (The category at which a third year apprentice would enter and includes recently completed apprentices)|
If you are unsure which category you should enter, first discuss with your chef, or contact Peter Dixon - Executive Chef – Culinary Manager - Spotless - M: 0448 088 550 or SPOTLESS 03 9269 7657
|Category 1. 100 multiple choice questions in 30 minutes selected from the following subjects:|
|Basic Food Preparations * Culinary Terminology * Fish and Shellfish * Hot and Cold Desserts * Hygiene and HACCP * Methods of Cookery * Mise - en - place * Product Knowledge * Salads and Dressings * Stock, Soups and Sauces.|
|Category 2. 100 multiple choice questions in 30 minutes selected from the following subjects:|
|Basic Food Preparations * Culinary Terminology * Eggs and Farinaceous * Fish and Shellfish * Hot and Cold Desserts * Methods of Cookery * Mise - en - place * Product Knowledge * Salads and Dressings * Stock, Soups and Sauces.|
|Category 3. 100 multiple choice questions in 30 minutes selected from the following subjects:|
|Basic Food Preparations * Butchery and Meat Cookery * Culinary Terminology * Fish and Shellfish * Hot and Cold Desserts * Methods of Cookery * Mise - en - place * Product Knowledge * Salads and Dressings * Stock, Soups and Sauces|
Awards for champions:
2013 Spotless Culinary Mastermind Champion - (Overall winner with the highest score across all categories).
Category 1 - Spotless Apprentice/trainee : - First (Highest score) - Second - Third
Category 2 – Spotless Apprentice/trainee : - First (Highest score) - Second - Third
Category 3 – Spotless Apprentice/trainee/ junior cook/chef :- First (Highest score) - Second - Third.
A certificate describing the level achieved will be available for candidates who compete in the mastermind challenge.
- Gold level with a score above 90% correct (Superb )
- Silver level with a score above 70% correct (Excellent)
- Bronze level with a score above 50% (Very good)
- Participation certificate for all. (Great)
Overall champion is awarded a state capital assignment for one week to work in a well-known restaurant or hotel kitchen in their state capital.
Example only: (Victoria) work with Jack Raymond in this award winning restaurant
Prizes also for all category first, second and third placing’s
- All questions are multiple choice.
- Questions allow for different levels of experience and some are more valuable than others.
- Excepting winners, individual results will not be published.
- A candidate will be set 100 questions to be completed in 35 minutes.
- You must enter the appropriate category or you will be disqualified.
- You may only enter one category.
- You will only be permitted to attempt a mastermind challenge once.
- Questions will be timed and randomized.
- We have built-in mechanisms that indicate online cheating.
- Anyone found to have cheated will be disqualified.
- In the event of a drawn score there will be a playoff.
How to enter:
1. First register online http://auschef.com/login/index.php (You may register at anytime and only need to do so once).
2. You must register your details accurately and only attempt the correct category to ensure you are not disqualified.
3. When you are completely ready and will not be disturbed for 35 minutes, logon and select the appropriate category below.
4. Read the rules carefully and proceed to "Attempt quiz now".
5. Add the password to open the the category test. (Your head/ executive chef will tell you the password)
6. We strongly advise you to first practice a sample test ( HERE )numerous times to prepare for yourself for the competition.
- Once you have clicked the “Attempt quiz now”, you will be requested to input the quiz password.
- Input the password and wait 20 seconds for the test to load.
- The timer will appear on your screen and will immediately start to countdown.
- The system will record your answers given in a strict time limit.
- Even if you do not complete all questions, submit your completed answers.
- If you run out of time and your clock records zero, you must submit your answers within 30 seconds at the end of the time limit.
- At the end of the quiz questions; to complete your quiz you must SUBMIT ALL AND FINISH BUTTON (At the bottom RIGHT of the quiz).
Once you have your result - Download out your personalised certificate.
For online help: E-mail george or Telephone: 03 9735 0880
To participate in professional assessments and competitions. Sign Up or Log In - it's free.
Select the appropriate assessment below: