Invest in yourself:
This level requires the participant to demonstrate that they have developed a level of culinary knowledge equal to a standard that would be expected from a person who has successfully completed a culinary training course and normally have 12 to 15 years full time experience in a typical commercial kitchen with traditional European cuisine, and may also be alternatively described as:
- Chef de Cuisine Small brigade (8 -)
- Executive Sous chef - large brigade
- Employed in sales and marketing (previous a chef)
- Employed as a commercial cookery teacher.
Chefs who are leaders need to demonstrate a sound understanding of culinary knowledge as does any chef de cuisine. The higher a chef climbs the corporate ladder, the larger the brigade, the more complex the foodservice and the more demanding the role.
The minimum score required in this test to be awarded a Salonculinaire Chef de Cuisine Certificate with the title: Chef (SCC) is 70%
- Estimates culinary knowledge at Chef de Cuisine level.
- Comprises 120 basic culinary questions to be completed in 36 minutes.
- 70% or above correct is required to advance to Master Chef de Cuisine level.
- Candidates who achieve the benchmark are rewarded with a certificate.
- The certificate is personalised in colour and printable.
- To enter the Chef de Cuisine Culinary Knowledge Appraisal a unique password is required.
- Score is recorded on the website.
- One attempt is permitted each year.
- Only continue when not disturbed for the time of the appraisal.