This level requires the participant to prove that they have the culinary knowledge equal to a standard that would be expected from a person who has successfully completed a culinary training course, have 5 or more years full time experience in a typical commercial kitchen with traditional European cuisine, and may also be alternatively described as:
- Line cook/chef
- Restaurant cook/chef
- Sous chef - small brigade (8- )
- Station cook/chef
The minimum score required in this test to be awarded a Salonculinaire Chef de Partie Certificate with the title: Chef (SCP) is 60%
- Evaluates culinary knowledge at normally expected Chef de Partie level.
- Evaluates culinary knowledge at normally expected Sous chef level.
- Comprises 100 basic culinary questions to be completed in 30 minutes.
- 60% correct is requred to advance to Chef de Cuisine
- Candidates who achieve the benchmark are rewarded with a certificate.
- The certificate is personalised in colour and printable..
- To enter the “Chef de Partie Evaluation” a password is required.
- Score is recorded on the website.
- One attempt is permitted each year.
- Only continue when not disturbed for the time of the evaluation.